Family Based Immigration Attorney

California Family-Based Immigration Attorney

Moving abroad for work, school, or marriage, and consequently becoming a permanent resident of one of the most desired countries to relocate can be adventurous. But no matter how thrilling it is, the expat guilt gets to you. The thought of moving away from family puts you in a difficult position. Keeping that in mind, the United States government allows US citizens to sponsor their family members. So, whether you are a parent, child or spouse of a US born citizen or an immigrant turned national, you can explore your visa options for joining family in the US. That said, getting US immigration is not at all easy, but you can divide the burden of this process by hiring an excellent family based immigration lawyer. Family immigration law refers to the direction of the United States of America for non-citizens who have family members as citizens in the United States of America to get legal permanent residence and become US citizens. This also involves getting a green card as a declared immigrant of the United States of America. So, stop breaking your search bar by searching aimlessly for “the best family based immigration lawyer near me,” and contact our firm today to hire our California family-based immigration attorney, helping you reunify with your family members.

Our California Family-Based Immigration Attorney Helps You Migrate Through A Family Member

If one of your immediate family members (siblings, spouse, parents, children) are permanent residents of the United States of America, chances are you are already qualified for a family-based immigrant visa. To maintain family ties and end this geographical divide between our clients, the family based immigration lawyers at Sidman Law Group are ready to help you keep your family together. With proven strategies in helping US citizens sponsor family members, we have one of the best family based immigration lawyers in all of California.

Who Is Eligible For A Family-Based Immigrant Visa?

To become eligible to apply for a family-based immigrant visa, you must be sponsored by an immediate relative who is aged 21 years or above and is a US citizen or a permanent resident of the United States of America, also called a green card holder. That said, any US citizen with a green card can apply for the US citizen immigrant visa petition. Still, the individual can apply for a limited number of people, which are:

  • Spouse

  • Parent

  • Children

  • Siblings

On the other hand, lawful permanent residents have a different immigrant visa petition rule, as they can only sign the petition for their spouse or an unmarried child.
Even after having a relative as a US citizen, you will need a good family-based immigration attorney to further process your immigration case.

What Are The Types Of Family-Based Immigrant Visas?

There are two types of visas that you can apply for under the umbrella of family-based immigration with the genuine assistance of a family based immigration attorney at Sidman. These types of visas are discussed below:

Immediate relative visa

The immediate relative visa is based on a close family member with US citizenship. These members include a spouse, child, or a parent. The category of an immediate relative does not have a limited amount each fiscal year, whereas anyone who is illegible can apply.

Family preference visa

A family residence visa is specified for distant relatives with a US citizen residing in the country and a certain relationship with a lawful permanent resident. The amount of these visa applications are subject to a limited number each fiscal year. This category is further divided into the following categories:

  • First Preference (F1) – Available to unmarried children of US citizens over the age of 21

  • Third Preference (F3) – Available to married sons & daughters of US citizens

  • Fourth Preference (F4) – Available to brothers & sisters of US citizens if the US citizen is 21 years of age or older

What Documents Are Required To Apply For Family-Based Immigration In California?

In order to file an immigration petition, you need to prove to the government of the United States of America your authenticity of lawful permanent residency with the help of a family based immigration attorney. Apart from that, certain documents are required to file the petition, which are:

  • Form I-130

  • Copy of birth certificate

  • Copy of marriage certificate

  • Two recent photographs of you and your alien relative

  • A document of proof to ensure that you are a citizen or a resident of the United States of America

How To Apply For Family-Based Immigration In California?

First things first, hire the best immigration lawyer for a family based green card to streamline your application process. The family immigration application process generally starts when the USCIS approves the form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative as a sponsor for your family members, provided that you have a legal status in the US. Then, the USCIS appoints you a visa number as soon as it is available. Once the immigrant visa number is assigned, you are eligible to apply as a lawful permanent resident in the United States.

Contact An Experienced Family-Based Immigration Attorney

Are you missing your family in California? Want your family to move in with you? You must be thinking of applying for a family-based immigration in the United States of America. If yes, you’re definitely in the right tab of your search engine. Sidman Law Group is working tirelessly to offer you the best family-based immigration attorneys who will help you with your immigration case, making you unite with your family within a short span of time. So what are you waiting for? Contact us by dialing 818–981-0352 or email the firm to get a free consultation from our expert attorneys.

As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content