L-1A / L-1B / L-2 Visa Attorney

L-1A / L-1B / L-2 Visa Attorney California

Large multinational organizations often require employment-based visas. The L category of nonimmigrant visas allows overseas companies to transfer their employees to managerial positions and employees with specialized knowledge to move to the US temporarily along with their families. The L-1 group comprises two types: L-1A intracompany transferee executive or manager visa and L-1B intracompany transferee specialized knowledge visa. While the L-2 visa is obtained by the spouse and minor children of the L-1 visa holder. Sidman Law Group has a bunch of well-experienced L-1A/L-1B/L-2 visa lawyers in California who are licensed to practice law in the US. Our California L-1A visa attorneys offer high-quality client service and knowledgeable legal counsel.

What Is An L-1 Visa?

The L-1 visa category is specified for the individuals generally employed abroad by a foreign patent company, affiliate, branch or a subsidiary of a company based in the US. The L-1 nonimmigrant visa category includes L-1A and L-1B visas. The L-1A visa is available for intracompany transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the US in a managerial or executive position. Similarly, the L-1B visa is available for intracompany transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the US that has specialized knowledge capacity. To help you analyze which visa suits your needs, take help from our California L-1B visa lawyer determined to accomplish your immigration goals.

L-1 Visa Requirements And Eligibility

To be able to apply for an L-1 visa, you should have prior experience of work in a subsidiary, parent, or an affiliate branch of a US based company settled outside the United States of America for at least last one year. To qualify for an L-1A visa, you should have proof to present your employment at the managerial or executive level of the company as per the US immigration laws. And for an L-1B visa, you should have a position in a company that requires skills and knowledge in a certain area. Once you are eligible, in order to apply for either of the two L-1 visas you should meet the following requirements:

  • Have a transfer offer from the company

  • Completed form DS-160

  • Form I-129 filed by the employer

  • Application fee receipt with the required documents

  • L-1 Visa Application Processing In California

    The application process for the L-1 visas is very simple as compared to other visas. But it still requires the expertise of an L-1 visa lawyer to avoid any illegalities. The visa application process starts with submitting an online form, DS-160, along with passport-sized photographs and a copy of the passport. Then the Form I-129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker is filed at least 45 days before the date of employment. After the approval of both the forms, an interview with the consular is conducted. Once the interview is passed, the visa is issued. To make this a seamless process, you should hire an L-1A visa lawyer in California from our leading law firm, the Sidman Law Group.

    What Is An L-2 Visa?

    L-2 visas are the dependent visas granted to the spouse and minor children of an L1 visa holder. Despite being a nonimmigrant visa, the L-2 visa comes with multiple benefits. It allows you to change to any status you are eligible for as a L-2 visa holder. It also allows the beneficiaries to stay in the US for as long as the L-1 visa holder. The minor children may study in their desired schools and the spouse may even obtain a work permit.

    L-2 Visa Requirements And Eligibility

    In order to be eligible for an L-2 visa, the incumbent must either be married to the L-1 visa holder or be a child of an L-1 visa holder. Children must be under the age of 21 to qualify as a beneficiary of an L-1 visa holder. A knowledgeable California L-2 visa lawyer can help you prove your eligibility effectively.

    L-2 Visa Application Processing In California

    The L-2 visa application process is somewhat similar to L-1 visa. To apply for an L-2 visa, you can either submit your application form together with your spouse or parent applying for the L-1 visa or apply at a later date. Either way, you would need to submit certain documents including:

  • A valid passport

  • Passport size photographs

  • Completed form DS-160

  • A copy of the approved L petition

  • Letter from the L-1 visa holder’s employer

  • A confirmation letter from the primary L-1 visa holder

  • Original birth certificate if you are the child of a L-1 visa holder

  • Original marriage certificate if you are the spouse of a L-1 visa holder

  • K2 visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa available for the minor unmarried children of K1 visa holders. The dependent children of a US citizen with their K1 fiance visa holders can enter the US and stay as a nonimmigrant till the parents are married. Under a K2 visa, the children can study in a school of their choice and even work after obtaining a work permit. The K2 dependent children can also apply for permanent residence once their parents are married.

    What Is The Eligibility Criteria For A K2 Visa?

    There are specific requirements to qualify for the application of this derivative visa, which a K2 visa lawyer can help you analyze better. First things first, one of the most important eligibility criteria for a K2 visa is that the applicant must have parents with valid K1 Visa. Moreover, the child should be under 21 and unmarried. One of the parents of the applicant should be a US citizen. After all this hassle, you still don’t get the status of an immigrant; therefore, after the marriage, the sponsoring fiance’s children and partner is required to file an application for permanent residence under the form I-485.

    What Are The Documents Required To File A K2 Visa Petition?

    The K2 visa is the visa you get on the availability of a K1 visa. Therefore, you would need various documents to apply for the visa, such as:

  • Passport

  • Birth certificate copy

  • Affidavit of support

  • Photographs

  • Form DS-160

  • Form I-134

  • Results of all the medical examinations

  • How Can We Help?

    Living with your fiancé and kid is nothing less than a dream. If you want your dream to be fulfilled, you can contact one of the most trusted K1 visa lawyers in California to file these two visas for you. With our strategic approach to each case, our K1 visa attorney and K2 visa lawyer works diligently toward your K1/K2 visa in California. So, contact us at 818-981-0352 or email the firm to get in touch.

    As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

    The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

    Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

    Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

    The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content