Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney

Non-immigrant Visa Attorney California

Individuals wishing to enter the geographical limits of the United States of America either obtain an immigrant visa leading to permanent residence or a temporary non-immigrant visa. Unlike immigrants, nonimmigrants enter the United States temporarily for a particular activity consistent with their visa. Nonimmigrant visas are issued to those who already have permanent residence outside of America and are seeking temporary means of entrance into the country, such as for employment or education. Non-immigrant visas do not lead you to the path of citizenship and a green card. Handling a nonimmigrant visa is one of Sidman’s many areas of expertise. There are numerous types of nonimmigrant visas that we work for. Our firm provides consultancy with the best non-immigrant visa attorneys in California to help you resolve your legal problems while applying for a visa to the United States of America.

Offering Tenacious Representation With Our Top-Rated Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys In California

If you are outside of the United States you must apply for a visa upon approval of a petition. You may then use the visa to seek admission to the United States as a non-immigrant (temporary). If you are already in the United States, you may be able to apply for a change to the correct non-immigrant (temporary) classification, or for an extension of a prior period of admission. If you are not in a valid non-immigrant status or have not continuously maintained your status, your application for a change of status or extension of stay may be denied, and you may need to go abroad to apply for a visa upon approval of the petition.
Sidman Law Group has been practicing immigration law since 1983. We build creative strategies to resolve complex matters for potential nonimmigrant visa applicants. Our California nonimmigrant visa attorneys are committed to provide quality service to our clients.

Visa Application Process For Nonimmigrants In California

Non-immigrant visa application starts with filling out and submitting a Form DS-160. Form submission is followed by attaching the required documents such as a current and valid passport, passport size photographs and payment of application fee. At Sidman Law Group, our nonimmigrant visa lawyer views your visa application process in two steps to make sure that you are able to obtain the visa smoothly, which are:

  • Evaluation of your situation to see if you meet the criteria of the visa category you want to apply for

  • Conduct an interview to evaluate your criminal record prior immigration to determine whether you are admissible

  • How Does A Nonimmigrant Visa Work In California?

    A nonimmigrant or temporary visa is the paper attached to your passport that allows you to be in the United States of America for an interim period of time. There is a specific time for the validity of the visa, which gives you the authority to leave and return to the United States of America as often as you want. But at every entry, you will be checked by the Border Patrol Officer to ensure you are still eligible. Once you are done with the checking at the border, you will be bound by Form I-94 Period of Admission pertinent to your stay in the United States of America. All your entries and exits in the U.S.A. will be recorded by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, and you will be given a deadline to leave the country when your visa expiration is not that far.

    What Are The Types Of Nonimmigrant Visas?

    The Immigration and Nationality Act provides several categories of non-immigrant visas for a person who wishes to work or stay temporarily in the United States. If you want to work or stay in the U.S. temporarily, under immigration law, you need a specific visa based on the purpose of your travel and the type of work you will be doing. The common types of nonimmigrant visas include:

  • Tourist visa

  • Business visitor’s visa

  • Students visa

  • Visa for Religious workers

  • Trade visa in the authority of NAFTA

  • Visas for healthcare workers

  • Visa for intracompany transferees

  • Visa for the fiancés of U.S. citizens

  • Visas for foreign journalists

  • Visas for treaty traders

  • Visa for ship crewmembers

  • Visa for NATO representatives

  • Visa for International cultural exchange visitors

  • Visas for foreign government officials

  • Visa for victims of criminal activity

  • Visa for specialty occupation workers

  • Visa for victims of human trafficking

  • In addition, the unmarried child who is a minor and the spouse can also get a nonimmigrant visa to stay or travel with the primary visa holder.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    What is the difference between immigrant and nonimmigrant visas?

    The primary difference between an immigrant and nonimmigrant visa is that an immigrant visa is issued to those who intend to permanently reside in the United States. While a nonimmigrant visa is issued to individuals who wish to enter the U.S. on a temporary basis either for education, business, tourism, seasonal jobs or other similar reasons.

    How long does it take to get a nonimmigrant visa?

    The time of the visa processing depends upon the situation of your case and several other factors, such as:

  • Age

  • Type of visa

  • Country of residence

  • Completion of application

  • Can I change from immigrant visa to nonimmigrant visa?

    You can apply for a change of visa status to a nonimmigrant visa only. Such as, if you have a B-1 visa and are planning to start your education in the U.S., you can apply for a student visa.

    How long can one stay on a nonimmigrant visa?

    Nonimmigrants can stay in the U.S. for as long as 6 months. On the expiration of 6 months, you can apply for an extension of stay in your respective state.

    Call Sidman To Achieve Your American Dream!

    Are you thinking of moving to the U.S.A. for work or education? Thinking of taking that long planned family trip to California? Sidman, a customer-oriented law firm, focuses on your case and provides you with the best nonimmigrant visa lawyers in California. Our skillful and talented lawyer for non immigrant visa makes sure you do not get to face any obstructions during the visa application process. So, contact us at 818-981-0352 or email the firm to get in touch.

    As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

    The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

    Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

    Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

    The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content