Family Based Immigration Attorney

Los Angeles Family-Based Immigration Attorney

Relocating to another country for employment, education, or love, and later becoming a permanent resident of one of the most desirable nations to migrate to, may be an exciting experience. But, no matter how exhilarating it is, the expat guilt sets in. Moving away from relatives puts you in a tough situation. Taking this into account, the US government permits US citizens to sponsor family members. So, whether you are a parent, child, or spouse of a US citizen, or an immigrant turned citizen, you may look into your visa possibilities for visiting relatives in the US. However, obtaining US immigration is not straightforward, but you may share the strain by employing an experienced family-based immigration lawyer. Family immigration law refers to the directive of the United States of America allowing non-citizens with family members who are US citizens to obtain legal permanent residency and become US citizens. This includes obtaining a green card as a registered immigrant in the United States of America. So, instead of wasting time looking aimlessly for “the best family-based immigration lawyer near me,” reach out to our firm immediately to employ our Los Angeles family-based immigration attorney who will assist you in reuniting with your family members.

We Assist You In Migrating Through A Family Member With Our Los Angeles Family-Based Immigration Attorney

You may already be eligible for a family-based immigrant visa if one of your immediate family members (siblings, spouse, parents, or children) is a permanent resident of the United States. The family-based immigration lawyers at Sidman Law Group are prepared to assist you in keeping your family together in order to preserve family bonds amongst our clients. We have one of the best family-based immigration lawyers in all of Los Angeles, with a track record of assisting US residents sponsor family members.

Eligibility Criteria For A Family Based Immigrant Visa

You must be sponsored by an immediate relative who is at least 21 years old, a US citizen, or a lawful permanent resident of the US (commonly known as a “green card holder”) in order to be qualified to apply for a family-based immigrant visa. That said, the US citizen immigrant visa petition is open to any US citizen with a green card. However, there are just a few family members for which the applicant may submit an application, and they are:

  • Spouse

  • Parent

  • Children

  • Siblings

  • Lawful permanent residents, on the other hand, are subject to a separate restriction on immigrant visa petition signing: they are only permitted to sign for their spouse or an unmarried child.
    You will need a capable family-based immigration attorney to progress your immigration case even if a relative is a US citizen.

    TThe Different Kinds Of Family Based Immigrant Visas

    You can apply for one of the two types of visas within the category of family-based immigration with the sincere help of a family-based immigration attorney at Sidman. The following is a discussion of these visa types:
    Immediate relative visa
    A close family member with US citizenship serves as the foundation for the immediate relative visa. These people might be a parent, kid, or a spouse. A limited number of people can apply under the category of an immediate relative each fiscal year, although everyone who is eligible may do so.

    Family preference visa
    For distant relatives of a US citizen living in the country who have a specific tie to a lawful permanent resident, a family residency visa is designated. These visa applications can only be submitted in a certain quantity per fiscal year. The following categories are further broken down into this one:

  • First Preference (F1) – Available to unmarried children of US citizens over the age of 21

  • Second Preference (F2A) – Available to spouses and children under the age of 21 of lawful permanent residents

  • Second Preference (F2B) – Available to unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents over the age of 21

  • Third Preference (F3) – Available to married sons & daughters of US citizens

  • Fourth Preference (F4) – Available to brothers & sisters of US citizens if the US citizen is 21 years of age or older

  • Documents Required To File For Family-Based Immigration

    With the aid of a top family-based immigration attorney, you must demonstrate to the government of the United States of America your validity of lawful permanent residency in order to file an immigration petition. In addition, the following papers must be submitted with the petition:

  • Form I-130

  • Copy of birth certificate

  • Copy of marriage certificate

  • Two recent photographs of you and your alien relative

  • A document of proof to ensure that you are a citizen or a resident of the United States of America

  • Application Process For Family-Based Immigration In Los Angeles

    To speed up your application process, first things first: employ the best immigration lawyer for a family based green card. If you have a valid status in the US, the USCIS will approve your form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative as a sponsor for your family members before beginning the family immigration application process. The USCIS will then provide you a visa number as soon as one becomes available. You are qualified to submit an application to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States after the immigrant visa number has been assigned.

    Schedule A Consultation With An Experienced Family-Based Immigration Attorney

    Do you long for your relatives in Los Angeles? Do you want to live with your family? You must be considering submitting an application for family-based immigration to the United States. If so, your search engine has undoubtedly landed you in the correct tab. The Sidman Law Group is committed to providing you with the best family-based immigration attorneys who can assist you with your immigration case and quickly bring you back together with your loved ones. So why are you still waiting? To speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys, call us at 818-981-0352 or send us an email.

    As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

    The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

    Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

    Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

    The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content