L-1A / L-1B / L-2 Visa Attorney

L-1A / L-1B / L-2 Visa Attorney Los Angeles

Global corporations frequently demand work-based visas. The L group of nonimmigrant visas permits international corporations to transfer personnel to managerial positions and individuals with specialized expertise to temporarily relocate to the United States with their families. L-1 visas are classified into two categories: L-1A intracompany transferee executive or manager visas and L-1B intracompany transferee specialized knowledge visas. The L-2 visa is obtained by the L-1 visa holder’s spouse and minor children. Sidman Law Group offers a team of skilled L-1A/L-1B/L-2 visa attorneys in Los Angeles who are licensed to practice law in the United States. Our Los Angeles L-1A visa attorneys provide excellent client care as well as expert legal guidance.

Introduction To L-1 Visa

The L1 visa category is designated for people who are typically employed abroad by businesses developing connections with American businesses seeking to get L1 visas for the employees. L-1A and L-1B visas are included in the L-1 nonimmigrant visa category. The L-1A visa is offered for intracompany transferees who have been engaged overseas continuously for one year during the previous three years and will be employed in a management or executive capacity by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same firm in the US. Similarly, the L-1B visa is available for intracompany transferees who have been working overseas continuously for one year in the three prior years and will be hired by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same firm in the US that has specialized knowledge capacity. Take advantage of our Los Angeles L-1B visa lawyer who is dedicated to helping you identify which visa best meets your immigration needs.

L-1 Visa Eligibility Criteria

You must have worked for at least the previous year in a subsidiary, parent, or affiliate branch of a U.S. corporation with operations outside of the United States in order to be eligible to apply for an L-1 visa. According to U.S. immigration laws, you must have proof of your job at the administrative or executive level of the organization in order to qualify for an L-1A visa. Additionally, you must hold a position in a business that requires specific expertise and abilities in order to qualify for an L-1B visa. Once you qualify, you must meet certain requirement, including:

  • Completed DS-160 form

  • Form I-129 filed by the employer

  • Application fee with the necessary documentation

  • Possess a transfer offer from the firm in order to apply for the L-1 visa

  • L-1 Visa Application Process In Los Angeles

    In comparison to other visas, the L-1 visa application process is fairly straightforward. An L-1 visa lawyer is still required to make the procedure simpler. The DS-160 online form must be submitted together with two passport-sized photos and a copy of the applicant’s passport to begin the visa application process. The nonimmigrant worker’s Form I-129 petition is then submitted, at least 45 days before the start of employment. After both forms have been approved, a consular interview is held; if successful, the visa is then issued. You should engage an L-1A visa lawyer in Los Angeles from Sidman Law Group to ensure that all of these requirements can be completed on time.

    Introduction To L-2 Visa

    The spouse or kid of an L-1 visa holder may be granted an L-2 visa as a dependent of an L-1 visa holder. Despite being a nonimmigrant visa, L-2 enables you to gain much from your time spent in the United States. As an L-2 visa holder, you can convert to any status you are eligible for. It also permits the beneficiaries to stay in the United States for the same amount of time as the L-1 visa holder. Minor children may attend the schools of their choice, and the spouse may even receive a work visa.

    L-2 Visa Eligibility Criteria

    To qualify for an L-2 visa, the applicant must either be married to or be the child of an L-1 visa holder. To be eligible as a beneficiary of an L-1 visa holder, children must be under the age of 21. A skilled Los AL-2 visa lawyer can assist you in properly proving your eligibility.

    L-2 Visa Application Process In Los Angeles

    The L-2 visa application procedure is comparable to the L-1 visa application process. You can apply for an L-2 visa at the same time as your spouse or parent who is seeking for an L-1 visa, or you can apply later. In either case, you must submit the following documents:

  • A valid passport

  • Passport size photographs

  • Completed form DS-160

  • A copy of the approved L petition

  • Letter from the L-1 visa holder’s employer

  • A confirmation letter from the primary L-1 visa holder

  • Original birth certificate if you are the child of a L-1 visa holder

  • Original marriage certificate if you are the spouse of a L-1 visa holder

  • We Can Help!

    Do you require assistance in obtaining an L-1 or L-2 visa for yourself or your family? Sidman Law Group can help you prepare a good visa application. Our firm’s professional legal staff will assist you with the first application and will be there for you until the completion of the procedure. Our L-1 visa lawyer and L-2 visa attorney in Los Angeles can improve your chances of being approved in the United States of America. To contact us, please call at 818-981-0352 or send us an email.

    As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

    The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

    Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

    Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

    The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content