Marriage Green Card Attorney

Los Angeles Marriage Green Card Lawyer

Marriage is a wonderful union of two individuals. However, marrying someone from a different country and so dealing with immigration may necessitate the inconvenience of spousal visa permission and other legal formalities. In general, obtaining a spousal visa or marriage green card in Los Angeles does need certain particular steps, and they are not as simple as they appear. The spouse of any American citizen can live and work anywhere in the nation with the help of a marriage-based green card. The US government knows and respects the necessity for couples to cohabitate. As a result, a spouse who is not a citizen can simply petition for citizenship based on their marriage. However, to make things simpler, you should work with a Los Angeles marriage green card lawyer. And for that, you may get in touch with Sidman Law Group. Our vast staff of excellent attorneys will take care of your green card application on your behalf. Therefore, if you want to come to the United States of America with your spouse, our lawyer for a marriage green card on permanent residency status can help as they have previously with hundreds of immigration applications.

Eligibility For A Green Card Through Marriage

In general, foreigners who marry American citizens are qualified for a green card. However, under the following instances, these foreign nationals lose their eligibility to apply for a green card:

  • The couple’s actual absence from the wedding ceremony

  • Marriage was only done to escape immigration regulations

  • The wedding and removal deadlines for the foreign spouse from the United States fell on the same days

  • Documents Required For A Green Card Through Marriage

    The law requires you and your spouse to verify your identification and connection. Certain documentation is required for this. These documents are as follows:

  • Birth certificate

  • Marriage certificate

  • Financial document

  • Court/police records

  • Police clearance certificate

  • Current or expired US visas

  • Medical examination documents

  • Prior-marriage termination papers, if any

  • Proof of sponsoring spouse’s permanent residence

  • Application Process Of A Marriage-Based Green Card

    With the aid of a marriage green card attorney for permanent residency, the procedure for obtaining a green card after marriage consists of a few basic procedures, but it varies depending on the person’s location. For those who are now resident in the United States and those who are overseas, the American government provides two alternative approaches.

    American citizens seeking green cards

    If your spouse is already a citizen of the United States, you must first get a marriage based green card attorney for permanent residency before completing Form I-485, adjustment of status, which is used to initiate the application process and establish the spouse’s eligibility for a green card. The following are the visa categories that fall within immigration’s adjustment of status:

  • IR6/CR6 spouse accompanied by child (IR7/CR7)

  • CF1 spouse, CF2 child: This is applied when the law is taking the status from a K fiancé visa

  • Apart from a marriage-related green card, adjustment of status is used to apply for a number of other green cards.
    You must submit Forms I-485 and I-130 in support of the initial application for a green card if your spouse is a citizen of the United States. If, however, your spouse has a green card, you will need to wait until the U.S. secretary of state determines that visa bulletins are still available. If you have a skilled marriage green card lawyer for permanent residency by your side, the entire procedure may be completed in as little as 12 to 22 months.

    Foreign nationals with green cards

    For spouses who reside abroad, there are different application procedures. In this instance, we must locate a package of applications that the State Department has already processed. The National Visa Center gathers the required paperwork and determines whether or not the spouse qualifies for the interview.
    The following visas are available to those residing outside of America who want to apply for a green card:

  • CR1

  • F2A

  • How Long Does It Typically Take To Obtain A Green Card Through Marriage?

    The entire application procedure for a marriage green card takes about 17 months to complete. However, the length of time depends on your circumstances and the strength of your case, such as whether your spouse is a citizen of the United States or a holder of a green card. It is advised that you pick one of the best marriage based green card lawyers to ensure that your procedure is finished in the shortest amount of time possible.

    What Is The Application Fee For A Green Card Based On Marriage?

    The costs associated with applying for a green card vary depending on your circumstances. If your husband is a citizen of the United States, you must pay $1,760; however, if he or she resides in the United States while the spouse is overseas, the amount drops to $12,000. Therefore, be sure to pick a marriage based green card lawyer who can simplify the process and can carefully examine your case. As for the attorney fee, an expert himself can analyze a marriage green card lawyer’s cost for permanent residency status after reviewing your situation.

    Work With Our Marriage Green Card Lawyer In Los Angeles

    Do you rely on your spouse for your green card? Need assistance determining how and where to begin the procedure? We can be of great assistance to you during the application process. Hire a Los Angeles marriage green card attorney from our office and experience a smooth transition to the United States. To schedule an appointment with your potential lawyer, call us at 818-981-0352 or send us an email.

    As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

    The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

    Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

    Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

    The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content