Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney

Non-immigrant Visa Attorney Los Angeles

Individuals wishing to enter the United States of America must obtain either an immigrant visa leading to permanent residence or a temporary non-immigrant visa. Nonimmigrants, as opposed to immigrants, enter the United States temporarily for a specific activity permitted by their visa. Nonimmigrant visas are granted to people who already have permanent residence outside of the United States and are looking for a temporary way to enter the country, such as for work or education. Non-immigrant visas do not lead to citizenship or the acquisition of a green card. One of Sidman’s many areas of expertise is dealing with nonimmigrant visas. We work for a variety of nonimmigrant visa categories. To assist you in resolving your legal issues as you apply for a visa to the United States of America, our firm offers consultation with the top non-immigrant visa attorneys in Los Angeles.

Our Top-Rated Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys In Los Angeles Offer Vigorous Representation

If your petition is approved while you are outside of the country, you must apply for a visa. After that, you can apply for non-immigrant admission to the United States using the visa (temporary). You might be able to apply for an extension of a prior period of admission if you are already in the country, or for a change to the correct non-immigrant (temporary) classification. If your application for a change of status or extension of stay is denied, you may have to apply for a visa abroad after the petition is approved if you do not have a valid non-immigrant status or have not consistently maintained it.
Since 1983, Sidman Law Group has specialized in immigration law. We devise original plans to deal with difficult situations for potential nonimmigrant visa applicants. Our Los Angeles nonimmigrant visa attorneys are dedicated to offering our customers high-quality service.

Nonimmigrant Visa Application Process In Los Angeles

The first step in applying for a non-immigrant visa is to complete and submit Form DS-160. After submitting the form, you must attach the necessary paperwork, including a current, valid passport, two passport-size photos, and the application fee. Our nonimmigrant visa lawyer at Sidman Law Group divides the visa application process into two steps to ensure that you can successfully obtain the visa:

  • An assessment of your circumstances to see if you meet the requirements of the visa category you wish to apply for

  • An interview to assess your criminal history prior to immigration to determine your eligibility

  • How Does A Nonimmigrant Visa Work In Los Angeles?

    The document you need to enter the United States temporarily is called a nonimmigrant or temporary visa, and it is attached to your passport. The visa has a set period of validity during which you are permitted to leave and enter the United States as often as you like. However, the Border Patrol Officer will verify your eligibility at each entry point. After the border check is complete, you will be subject to the Form I-94 Period of Admission applicable to your stay in the United States of America. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol will keep track of all your entrances and exits from the country, and when your visa is about to expire, they will give you a deadline by which you must depart.

    What Are The Different Kinds Of Nonimmigrant Visas?

    The Immigration and Nationality Act offers a variety of non-immigrant visa categories to those who want to temporarily work or stay in the US. According to immigration law, if you want to work or stay in the United States temporarily, you need a specific visa based on the reason for your trip and the kind of work you’ll be doing. The following are the common types of nonimmigrant visas:

  • Tourist visa

  • Business visitor’s visa

  • Students visa

  • Visa for Religious workers

  • Trade visa in the authority of NAFTA

  • Visas for healthcare workers

  • Visa for intracompany transferees

  • Visa for the fiancés of U.S. citizens

  • Visas for foreign journalists

  • Visas for treaty traders

  • Visa for ship crewmembers

  • Visa for NATO representatives

  • Visa for International cultural exchange visitors

  • Visas for foreign government officials

  • Visa for victims of criminal activity

  • Visa for victims of criminal activity

  • Visa for specialty occupation workers

  • Visa for victims of human trafficking

  • Also, to stay or travel with the primary visa holder, the unmarried child who is a minor and the spouse can both apply for a nonimmigrant visa.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    What distinguishes visas for immigrants from those for non-immigrants?

    An immigrant visa is given to people who intend to live permanently in the United States. While a nonimmigrant visa is given to people who want to enter the United States temporarily for work, study, travel, business, or other similar reasons.

    What is the turnaround time for a nonimmigrant visa?

    The circumstances of your case and a number of other factors will determine how long it takes to process your visa. The factors include:

  • Age

  • Visa type

  • Country of residence

  • Application completion

  • Can I switch from a nonimmigrant to an immigrant visa?

    Only a category of nonimmigrant visa can be requested if you want to change your current nonimmigrant visa status. You can, for instance, apply for a student visa if you have a B-1 visa and intend to begin your education in the United States.

    How long is a nonimmigrant visa valid for?

    Non-immigrants are permitted a six-month stay in the United States. You can ask your state for permission to stay another six months after that point.

    Sidman Can Help You Live Your American Dream!

    Are you considering relocating to the United States for work or school? Thinking of going to LA with your family on that long-planned vacation? Sidman, a client-focused law firm, has a team of top nonimmigrant visa lawyers in Los Angeles focused on your case. You won’t encounter any obstacles during the visa application process thanks to the skill and talent of our lawyer for non immigrant visas . In order to get in touch, call us at 818-981-0352 or send us an email.

    As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

    The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

    Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

    Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

    The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.

We Can Help You Achieve Your

American Dream

We handle all types of immigration cases, including business and family immigration matters as well as deportation and removal cases.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content