Encino Family-Based Immigration Attorney

It can be thrilling to move abroad for work, school, or love before settling down as a permanent resident in one of the most popular countries for immigration. However, you are in a difficult circumstance after moving away from your family. In light of this, the US government allows citizens to sponsor relatives. You should therefore research your visa options for visiting family in the US, regardless of whether you are the parent, child, spouse of a US citizen, or an immigrant turned citizen. Although acquiring US immigration is not simple, you can ease the burden by hiring a skilled family-based immigration lawyer. The United States of America’s directive allowing non-citizens with family members who are citizens to gain legal permanent residency and become citizens is known as family immigration law. As a registered immigrant in the US, this also involves acquiring a green card. Therefore, contact our office right away to get an Encino family-based immigration attorney who will help you reunite with your family for “the best family-based immigration lawyer near me.”

Migrating Through A Relative Made Simpler With Our Encino Family-Based Immigration Attorney

If one of your close family members (siblings, spouse, parents, or children) is a permanent resident of the United States, you may already be qualified for a family-based immigrant visa. To maintain family ties among our clients, the family-based immigration lawyers at Sidman Law Group are ready to help you maintain your family. We have one of the best family-based immigration lawyers in all of Encino, with a proven track record of helping US citizens sponsor family members.

Qualifications For A Family-Based Immigrant Visa

To be eligible to apply for a family-based immigrant visa, you must be sponsored by an immediate relative who is at least 21 years old, a US citizen, or a lawful permanent resident of the US (often known as a “green card holder”). However, any US citizen with a green card is eligible to seek an immigrant visa. There are only a select few family members, nonetheless, for whom the applicant may submit an application, namely:

  • Spouse 
  • Parents
  • Children
  • Siblings

However, lawful permanent residents are only allowed to sign for their spouse or an unmarried kid due to a restriction on signing for immigrant visa petitions.
Even if a relative is a US citizen, you will need a skilled family-based immigration attorney to advance your immigration case.

The Various Types Of Immigration Visas Based On Family

With the earnest assistance of a family-based immigration lawyer at Sidman, you can apply for one of the two types of visas included in the family-based immigration category. The discussion of these visa categories is as follows:

Immediate relative visa

The immediate relative visa is based on a close relative who has US citizenship. These individuals could be a parent, child, or spouse. Everyone who is eligible may apply under the category of an immediate relative, but only a limited number of applicants may do so each fiscal year.

Family preference visa

A family residency visa is reserved for distant relatives of a US citizen who are present in the country and have a particular connection to a lawful permanent resident. There is a cap on the number of these visa applications that can be made each fiscal year. This one is further divided into the following categories:

  • First Preference (F1) – Available to unmarried children of US citizens over the age of 21
  • Second Preference (F2A) – Available to spouses and children under the age of 21 of lawful permanent residents
  • Second Preference (F2B) – Available to unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents over the age of 21
  • Third Preference (F3) – Available to married sons & daughters of US citizens
  • Fourth Preference (F4) – Available to brothers & sisters of US citizens if the US citizen is 21 years of age or older

Documents Needed To Apply For Immigration Based On Family

To submit an immigration petition, you must convince the American government that you have a genuine legal permanent residence by working with a top family-based immigration attorney. Additionally, the petition must be accompanied by the following documents:

  • Form I-130
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • Two recent photographs of you and your alien relative
  • A document of proof to ensure that you are a citizen or a resident of the United States of America

The Process For Family-Based Immigration Applications In Encino

Call us to get the best immigration lawyer for a family-based green card to hasten the application procedure. Before starting the family immigration application procedure, the USCIS will approve your form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative as a sponsor for your family members if you are in good standing in the country. After that, as soon as a visa number is made available, the USCIS will give it to you. Once the immigrant visa number has been assigned, you are eligible to file an application to become a legitimate permanent resident of the United States.

Make An Appointment With A Skilled Family-Based Immigration Attorney

Do you miss your family members? Do you desire to reside with your relatives? If that’s the case, your search engine definitely directed you to the right tab. In order to help you with your immigration case and swiftly reunite you with your loved ones, the Sidman Law Group is committed to giving you access to the best family-based immigration attorneys. Why then are you still holding out? Call us at 818-981-0352 or email us to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.

As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content