Encino K Visa Attorneys

Relationships between two people can be significantly impacted by their separation in distance and in time. For couples who are engaged, marriage is the expected next step. However, if you become engaged to a foreign-based partner, you may not see them for several months or even years. This tough and drawn-out wait could be made even more difficult if a child is involved. However, people who are abroad while engaged to a US citizen are permitted to temporarily relocate under the statute. In accordance with the law, if your fiancé is lawfully present in the country, he or she may sponsor your immigration to the country with the help of an accomplished immigration  attorney in Encino.

An Overview of The K1 Nonimmigrant Visa

An engaged partner of a US citizen can move temporarily to the US with the help of a K1 visa, also known as a fiancé visa, if the couple marries within 90 days after arriving in the US. When a couple marries, the non-citizen spouse can apply for a green card based on their marriage using the K1 visa, which eventually leads to permanent citizenship.

Qualifications For a K1 Visa

To be qualified to apply for a K1 visa, you must fulfill a number of requirements. For K1 visas, US citizens and foreign nationals must meet different requirements. The following provisions apply to US citizens:

  • You must present proof that you are an American citizen
  • No restrictions on getting married
  • The petition must be submitted with a signed copy of Form I-129F
  • You must be able to support your spouse in all ways with necessities above the poverty line
  • A foreign partner also has several responsibilities and requirements including:
  • Possess no criminal record
  • The overseas residence of the foreign fiancé is a requirement
  • There should be no requirement that you and your fiancé be remarried
  • Within the previous two years, you have become partners with a US citizen

Required Documents For A K1 Visa Petition

When applying for a K1 visa, a ton of documentation is needed. Your greatest chance of receiving a K1 visa is to hire a lawyer for a K1 visa. Before applying for a K1 visa, you would need to present proof and the necessary documentation, such as:

  • Images of you and your spouse
  • Evidence of the sponsoring fiancé’s citizenship
  • Passport photo of the sponsored fiancé
  • Proof of meeting within 2 years of applying
  • Proof that you are legally planning to be married
  • A copy of the sponsored fiancé’s birth certificate
  • Affidavit of support by US citizen fiancé
  • Police clearance certificate from countries where the sponsored fiancé lived for more than 6 months, including the country of residence

An Overview of The K2 Nonimmigrant Visa

The underage, unmarried children of K1 visa holders are eligible for K2 nonimmigrant visas. The dependent children of a US citizen engaged to a K1 visa holder are permitted entry and allowed to reside in the country until their parents are wed. The K2 visa allows children to enroll in the school of their choice and even work with the proper documentation. K2 dependent children can apply for permanent residence after their parents are married.

Qualifications For a K2 Visa

First things first, one of the most important conditions for acquiring a K2 visa is having parents with valid K1 visas. Additionally, the child must be unmarried and under 21. Additionally, at least one of the applicant’s parents must be US citizens. The sponsoring fiancé’s spouse and children must complete a form I-485 application for permanent.
Your understanding of the precise requirements necessary to be qualified to apply for this derivative visa may be improved with the help of a K2 visa lawyer.

Documents Needed to Submit A K2 Petition

You can apply for a K2 visa when the K1 visa becomes available. Consequently, you would need a number of documents to apply for the visa, such as:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate copy
  • Affidavit of support
  • Photographs
  • Form DS-160
  • Form I-134
  • Results of all the medical examinations

We Are Ready To Help You!

Living with your fiancé and child is nothing less than a dream. If you want your desire to come true, you can employ one of the top K1 visa lawyers in Encino to file these two visas on your behalf. Our K1 visa attorney and K2 visa lawyer will diligently pursue your K1/K2 visa using our tactical approach to each case. Call us at 818-981-0352 or drop us an email to get in contact.

As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content