Encino L Visa Attorneys

Large multinational corporations frequently demand visas based on employment. The L category of nonimmigrant visas enables foreign corporations to promote personnel to managerial positions and specialists to temporarily relocate to the US with their families. Both the L-1A intracompany transferee executive or management visa and the L-1B intracompany transferee specialized knowledge visa are included in the L-1 category. While the L-2 visa is obtained by the L-1 visa holder’s spouse and minor children. Many skilled L-1A/L-1B visa attorneys in Encino who are licensed to practice law in the US may be found at Sidman Law Group. We provide expert legal assistance and excellent client service.

An L-1 Visa: What Is It?

The L-1 visa category is designated for people who are often employed overseas by a foreign subsidiary, affiliate, or branch of a US-based business. L-1A and L-1B visas are included in the L-1 nonimmigrant visa category. The L-1A visa is offered for intercompany transferees who have worked overseas continuously for one year in the three years prior and who will work in a managerial or executive capacity for a branch, parent company, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same employer in the US. The L-1B visa is also available for intercompany transferees who have worked overseas continuously for one year in the three years prior and who will work for a branch, parent company, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the US that has specialized knowledge capacity. Rely on our Encino L-1B visa lawyer committed to achieving your immigration goals to help you select which visa best suits your needs.

L-1 Visa Eligibility Requirements

You must have worked in a subsidiary, parent, or affiliate branch of a US-based company operating outside of the US for at least the previous year in order to be eligible to apply for an L-1 visa. According to US immigration laws, you must be employed at the administrative or executive level of the organization in order to be eligible for an L-1A visa. Additionally, you must hold a position in a business that requires specific expertise and abilities in order to qualify for an L-1B visa. Once you are qualified, you must fulfill the following criteria in order to apply for one of the two L-1 visas:

  • Completed DS-160 form
  • Form I-129 filed by the employer
  • Application fee with the necessary documentation 
  • Possess a transfer offer from the firm in order to apply for the L-1 visa

The Process For L-1 Visa Applications In Encino

Compared to other visas, the L-1 application process is straightforward. But to prevent any violations, it still requires the knowledge of an L-1 visa lawyer. The DS-160 online form must be submitted together with two passport-sized photos and a copy of the applicant’s passport to begin the visa application process. The nonimmigrant worker’s Form I-129 petition is then submitted, at least 45 days before the start of employment.  A consular interview is held after both papers have been approved, and if the interview is successful, the visa is approved. You should retain an L-1A visa lawyer in Encino from our preeminent legal firm to ensure a smooth process.

An L-2 Visa: What Is It?

Spouses and young children of L1 visa holders are eligible for L-2 dependent visas. Even though it is a nonimmigrant visa, the L-2 visa has many advantages. It enables L-2 visa holders to switch to any status for which they are qualified. The beneficiaries are also permitted to stay in the US for the same period as the L-1 visa holder. The spouse may even be granted a work permit, and the minor children may attend the schools of their choice.

L-2 Visa Eligibility Requirements

An L-2 visa applicant must either be married to an L-1 visa holder or be a child of an L-1 visa holder to qualify. To be considered a beneficiary of an L-1 visa holder, children must be less than 21. A skilled Encino L-2 visa lawyer can assist you in successfully demonstrating your eligibility.

The Process For L-2 Visa Applications In Encino

The L-2 visa application process resembles the L-1 visa application in certain ways. You have two options when applying for an L-2 visa: either submit your application along with your spouse’s or parent’s L-1 application or apply later. In either case, you would have to provide the following paperwork:

  • A valid passport
  • Passport size photographs
  • Completed form DS-160
  • A copy of the approved L petition
  • Letter from the L-1 visa holder’s employer
  • A confirmation letter from the primary L-1 visa holder
  • Original birth certificate if you are the child of a L-1 visa holder
  • Original marriage certificate if you are the spouse of a L-1 visa holder

How May We Assist You?

Do you or your family require assistance with an L-1 or L-2 visa? You can collaborate with Sidman Law Group to submit a good visa application. The knowledgeable legal staff at our firm would guide you throughout the entire procedure and assist you with the initial application. Your chances of being admitted to the United States of America can be improved with the help of our  L-1 lawyer attorney in Encino. So, to get in touch, give us a call at 818-981-0352 or send us an email.

As per the U.S. State Dept., employment-based immigration involves three categories: (1) People with extraordinary ability, meaning those who have reached a high level of acclaim and recognition in their fields; (2) outstanding professors and researchers on the path to tenure; and (3) executives or managers employed with multinational U.S.-based corporations.

The EB-2 visa represents the so-called “second preference” under U.S. immigration law. There are two categories under the EB-2 visa: (1) Professionals who have an advanced degree (above and beyond the baccalaureate degree), or, in rarer instances, those who have only a baccalaureate degree but relevant experience in his or her field; and (2) those with “exceptional ability” in the arts and sciences or in business, as demonstrated by evidence.

Available for skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers (other workers). A labor certification and a permanent, full-time job offer are required to become eligible.

Available for ‘special immigrants’ including religious workers, special immigrant juveniles, broadcasters, G-4 International Organization or NATO-6 employees and their family members, armed forces members, Panama Canal Zone employees, certain physicians, Afghan and Iraqi Translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided faith service in support of U.S. operations.

The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is designed around economic job growth. As per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, entrepreneurs and their families may immigrate to the U.S. (and are green card eligible) provided that they meet two basic criteria: (1) Can invest in a commercial U.S. business (2) Can create or preserve 10 jobs for U.S. workers.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content