Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney In Encino

People who want to travel within the borders of the United States of America must either get a temporary non-immigrant visa or an immigrant visa that allows for permanent residence. Nonimmigrants, as opposed to immigrants, are granted temporary entry into the country to engage in a specific activity authorized by their visa. Nonimmigrant visas are granted to those who are already citizens of another country and are looking for a short-term entry visa, such as for work or school. You cannot obtain citizenship or a green card using a non-immigrant visa. Among Sidman’s numerous specialties is managing nonimmigrant visas. We work for a variety of nonimmigrant visa categories. To assist you in resolving your legal issues while you apply for a visa to the United States of America, our organization offers consultation with the top non-immigrant visa attorneys in Encino.

Our Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys in Encino Provide Strong Legal Representation 

If your petition gets approval when you are not in the USA, you must apply for a visa. After that, you can apply for non-immigrant admittance to the United States using the visa (temporary). You might be eligible to request for an extension of a former period of admission if you are already in the country, or for a shift to the correct non-immigrant (temporary) classification. If your application for a change of status or extension of stay is denied, you may have to apply for a visa overseas after the petition is approved if you do not have a valid non-immigrant status or have not consistently maintained it.
Sidman Law Group has focused on immigration for forty years. We provide creative strategies to handle challenging circumstances for potential nonimmigrant visa applicants. Our Encino nonimmigrant visa attorneys are committed to providing our clients with top-notch service.

The Process for A Nonimmigrant Visa Application in Encino

Filling out and submitting Form DS-160 is the initial step in making a non-immigrant visa application. You must send the application form along with the required documentation, which includes a current, valid passport, two passport-size pictures, and the application cost. In order to ensure that you can successfully receive the visa, our nonimmigrant visa lawyer at Sidman Law Group splits the visa application process into two steps:

  • An evaluation of your situation to determine whether you fit the criteria for the kind of visa you desire to apply for
  • An interview to examine your eligibility for immigration and evaluate your criminal history

How Does a Nonimmigrant Visa Work In Encino?

The nonimmigrant or temporary visa that you require to enter the country is tied to your passport. You may leave and re-enter the United States as frequently as you wish throughout the visa’s predetermined period of validity. At each entry point, a Border Patrol agent will, however, check your eligibility. You will be subject to the Form I-94 Period of Admission that applies to your stay in the United States of America once the border check is over. When your visa is set to expire, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol will assign you a deadline by which you must depart. They will keep track of all of your entries and departures from the nation.

How Many Types of Nonimmigrant Visas Are There?

Those who want to temporarily work or stay in the US can choose from several non-immigrant visa categories under the Immigration and Nationality Act. According to immigration rules, you need a special visa depending on the purpose of your travel and the type of work you’ll be doing if you want to work or stay in the US temporarily. The most typical categories of nonimmigrant visas are as follows:

  • Tourist visa
  • Business visitor’s visa
  • Students visa
  • Visa for religious workers
  • Trade visa in the authority of NAFTA
  • Visas for healthcare workers
  • Visa for intracompany transferees
  • Visa for the fiancés of U.S. citizens
  • Visas for foreign journalists
  • Visas for treaty traders
  • Visa for ship crewmembers
  • Visa for NATO representatives
  • Visa for International cultural exchange visitors
  • Visas for foreign government officials
  • Visa for victims of criminal activity
  • Visa for specialty occupation workers
  • Visa for victims of human trafficking 

Additionally, an unmarried minor child and the spouse can both apply for a nonimmigrant visa in order to stay or travel with the primary visa holder.

Frequently Asked Questions

What sets apart immigrant visas from non-immigrant visas?

People who want to live permanently in the US are granted an immigrant visa. People who wish to enter the country temporarily for work, study, travel, business, or other purposes comparable to these are granted a nonimmigrant visa.

How long does it take to get a nonimmigrant visa?

How long it takes to complete your visa will depend on a variety of factors, including the specifics of your situation:

  • Age 
  • Visa type
  • Country of residence
  • Application completion

Can I change my visa type from nonimmigrant to immigrant?

Sometimes. If you have a B-1 visa and want to start your education in the US, you can apply for a student visa.

How long is the validity of a nonimmigrant visa?

Non-immigrants in the country are limited to a six month stay. After that, you can ask your state for permission to stay an additional six months.

Sidman Can Assist You In Achieving The American Dream!

Are you thinking about moving to the US for a job or school? Considering traveling to Encino with your family for that long-anticipated holiday? Top nonimmigrant visa lawyers in Encino are working on your case at Sidman, a client-focused law practice. Our lawyer for non-immigrant visas is skilled and talented, so you won’t face any challenges while applying for a visa. So call us at 818-981-0352 or drop us an email to get in contact.

This visa category is available for victims (who have suffered substantial physical and mental abuse) of qualifying criminal activities that occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws.

This visa category is available for bona fide representatives of foreign media who represent a foreign information media outlet (press, radio, film or other foreign media)

This visa category is introduced with the Singapore–United States Free Trade Agreement. The category is available for nationals of Chile and Singapore and follows the same requirements as H-1B visas.

F-1 visa holders can enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited university, college or other academic institution. The student must be enrolled in an institution that is authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

This visa category is only available for nationals of Australia. He or she needs to have a legitimate job offer from a U.S. company, possess necessary academic credentials and will fill a position that qualifies as a specialty occupation.

A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and an offer of employment which relates to that degree are required. The petition for a visa is applied for by the U.S. employer and can be approved for up to 3 years and can be extended to a maximum of 6 years.

Available to nationals of many countries – the E-1 requires over half of the company’s trade to be between the treaty country and United States.

Available to nationals of many countries the E-2 requires a considerable investment in U.S business (this varies dependent on the nature of the business).

Available for exchange visitors to participate in authorized exchange visitor programs as a trainee.

Available for intracompany transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. in a managerial, executive. Available on an individual of blanket basis.

Available for intracompany transferees who, within the three preceding years, have been employed abroad continuously for one year, and who will be employed by a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of that same employer in the U.S. that has specialized knowledge capacity. Available on an individual of blanket basis.

Available to persons who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or extraordinary achievements in the motion picture and television field.

Available for persons accompanying an O-1 alien to assist in an artistic or athletic performance for a specific event or performance

Available for individual or team athletes, or members of an entertainment group that are internationally recognized. Issued to perform as a specific event.

Available for artists or entertainers who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program.

Classification applies to artists or entertainers who perform under a program that is culturally unique (same as P-1)

North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) temporary professional visa for persons from Mexico and Canada.


Words From Clients

Sidman Law Group Awards & Association

Let’s Get YouWhere You Want To Be

Skip to content